A Bucket List - you know, the rather unromantic term from the movie: All those “Must-do’s” before you, well… “kick the bucket”.
In our opinion a Bucket List is a good thing, and we hope for your sake it is 5 miles long. It makes life fulfilling and adventurous, not to mention fun.
With such amazing recreational opportunities, Steamboat Springs offers plenty to cross off (or add to) your Bucket List, and not just in the winter months. Whether you’re a local or visitor, the summer’s fast-approaching; get a pen and paper and jot down the following:
Steamboat: Summer Top 10 “Bucket List”
- Tube the Yampa - no better way to slow down and take it all in.
- Attend a pro-rodeo event - you can even buy a hat and boots here!
- Ride a horse in the “Wild West” and participate in a cattle drive at Saddleback Ranch (remember “City Slickers”?)
- Raft Cross Mountain Canyon’s Class IV and V rapids - a June adrenalin rush.
- Treat yourself to a Watsu Massage at Strawberry Park Hot Springs. (Warning: you’ll probably never want to leave.)
- Get married on a Mountain Top or a Ranch and ride away on a horse like Butch Cassidy.
- Mountain bike the Continental Divide Trail. An Epic high mountain experience.
- Hike to Gold Lake in the Zirkel Wilderness - a local’s favorite. [bonus option: skinny dip in the lake!]
- Ride the Steamboat Bike Park. Sample epic flow trails and jump lines on all the latest gear right at the mountain.
- Hike to the “Quarry” and have sunset happy hour - on Emerald mountain. There’s nothing quite like a glass of wine at 9,000 feet as you watch the sun set over the Rocky Mountains followed by date-night in town.